There is always confusion with those new to Whole30 on what items are specifically Off Limits for Everyone. There are a lot of people that think if certain items aren't an issue for them, then they can choose to have them.
We've been seeing a lot of breakfast cereal type posts or as suggestions in comments lately that are NOT allowed on Whole30.
Hint: That yummy sounding pumpkin breakfast bake recipe is not ok on Whole30, per Melissa (in a pm with an Admin of a Whole30 group).
The list below comes from the Program Rules as off limits for everyone--it doesn't matter if you don't have an issue with them--eat them, then you Restart.
- pancakes (including just bananas and eggs)
- tortillas (including cauliflower-based) also includes tortilla shells
- pizza crust (this refers to pizza crust that uses flour, cauliflower pizza crust is allowed if you don't consider it a personal SWYPO item)
- cereal (i.e., Paleo granola type stuff too)
- ice cream
- No commercially-prepared chips (potato, tortilla, plantain, etc.) or French fries either.
However, this list is not limited strictly to these items—there may be other foods that you find are not psychologically healthy for your Whole30. Use your best judgment with those foods that aren’t on this list, but that you suspect are not helping you change your habits or break those cravings.
Our mantra: When in doubt, leave it out. It’s only 30 days.