With Thanksgiving literally around the corner in Canada (3 days away), I'm seeing a lot of conversation about what to make for Whole30 and/or Paleo Thanksgiving dishes.
Here's a compilation of just some of the websites and recipes; except for the Whole9 recipes, all other recipes listed are links, so just click away! This is just a SMALL smattering of some Thanksgiving websites and recipes for Whole30 and Paleo -- more to come as I am made aware of your favorite websites and recipes!
For those not familiar with the Whole30 term SWYPO, that is Whole30 speak for "it's mock/faux food for something not normally allowed -- so it is not permitted on Whole30." SWYPO stands for Sex With Your Pants On -- it's ok, but leaves you wanting the real thing, and can easily set off cravings that have been conquered.
Against All Grain Website: Danielle Walker
A Grain-Free Thanksgiving - not all will be Whole30 compliant, but easily modified!
- Includes instructions on how to brine your bird, and a link to Italian Herbed Turkey!
- Roast Pumpkin Soup with Fried sage and Proscuitto
- Festive Holiday Salad - this one does have goat cheese that would need to be eliminated for Whole30.
- Apple Sausage Stuffing
- Turnip and Parsnip Puree instead of mashed taters!
- Roasted Butternut Squash in Brown Butter Maple Sauce - not quite Whole30, but with some recipe "massaging" it could be something Whole30 and wonderful!
- Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Purple Sweet Potato Mash
- Cranberry Orange Relish/Sauce
- Green Bean Casserole
NomNomPaleo Website - Michelle Tang & Henry Fong
- Butterflied Big Bird
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Slaw with Asian Citrus Dressing
- Paleo Cran-Cherry Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Autumn Mash
- Umami Gravy
- Paleo Pumpkin, Coconut & Maple Custard Cups (Whole30 SWYPO, obviously!)
- Brussels Sprouts Chips
- Garlic Cauliflower "mashed potatoes"
- Pressure Cooker Braised Kale and Carrots
- Roasted Broccoli with Crispy Prosciutto and Balsamic Vinegar
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- Roasted Chestnuts
- Roasted Curried Cauliflower
- Roasted Kabocha Squash
- Roasted Rosemary Almonds
- Stir-Fried Kale and Bacon
- Baked Yams/Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard with Raisins, Pine Nuts, and Porkitos
- Braised Cabbage
- Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Bon Bons (Whole30 SWYPO!)
Whole30 Thanksgiving Recipes from the Whole9 folks
The following recipes, all on one page, are at this link. The page includes recipes for:
- Wild Rice and Sausage Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
- Rosemary Mashed Fauxtatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breast
- Giblet and Mushroom Gravy
- Warm Spinach, Prosciutto, and Pistachio Salad
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Squash, and Cranberries
- Squash and Sweet Potato Bake
- Roasted Beets and Pistachio Butter
- Coconutty Butternut Squash
- Root Vegetables with Cinnamon Walnuts
Some Miscellaneous Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Almond Stuffed Dates from Meatified
- Caramelized Onion Sausage Stuffing from PaleOMG
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes from Serious Eats
- Grilled Hasselback Sweet Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic (You HAVE to go see the photo on this one! YUMMY!) from Serious Eats
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing from Serious Eats (one substitution needed for Whole30)
- Sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and Caramelized Cipollini Onions from Serious Eats
- Turkey Porchetta from Serious Eats
- Ultra Crispy Roast Potatoes from Serious Eats
Some Other Sites With Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes & Ideas
- TheClothesMakeTheGirl website Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- Meatified website: 66 Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes
- Robb Wolf website: Grain Free Dressing Stuffing PLUS Thanksgiving Links
- BuzzFeed: Paleo Thanksgiving